The LBD is the acronym of Laboratorio de Bases de Datos (Database Lab), a research group inside the Department of Computer Science of the University of A Coruña (UDC), Spain. The members of LBD develop their teaching and research activities on Databases and Information Systems for mobile devices, web and desktop.
The specific research lines at LBD are:
- Software Engineering
- Databases and Information Systems
- GIS databases; Multimedia databases; Document databases (relational)
- Digital Libraries and information retrieval
- Web portals, eCommerce and interactive content
- Document Management
- Smart Educational Games, virtual books
- Software development for mobile devices and web portals. Integration with deductive databases.
- Advanced structures and compression, indexing and text retrieval algorithms
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Geographical information retrieval
- Graph-oriented databases
- Natural Language Processing
- Overflow Management Systems
The LBD is integrated by researchers and teaching staff from the Software and Computing Systems.
Principal Researcher: Nieves Rodríguez Brisaboa